Monday, April 19, 2010

My First Race

This past weekend I ran my first race. I ran a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) in Salt Lake City. It was awesome! The altitude was quite a challenge, but for the most part, I'm very happy with my results.



I came in 1204 out of 4261 1/2 marathoners. My time was 1 hour, 55 minutes, 51 seconds. My pace was 8 minutes 50 seconds. In my age/sex division I came in 74th out of 435.


My awesome Utah family came to cheer me on! It was great to see Jared and Joni, who looks absolutely stunning and most notably, VERY HAPPY! I couldn't believe how big Mia and Owen were and Jenna always looks good! Since I brought no camera, she saved the day and captured the pictures I have posted.


I am hoping to run my first full marathon in October in St. George, we will see if I get picked for that one. I have recently challenged Jenna and it looks like next Spring in SLC, we may be running a race together. Woohoo! I have another convert to running.


Love you all and Joni, Jared, Jenna, Owen and Mia the most for cheering me on. Thanks so much guys!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, Shelly! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna is right: you ARE awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin good! My official training starts next week, but I'm working out in the meantime. Last week I banged out 3 miles on the elleptical so at least we know I can do SOMETHING for 3 miles :)

    ReplyDelete