Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Martin Family Update

Holy smokes! The last time we blogged was April 19, 2010. How pathetic are we???

Where do we start? Here's a recap of 2010 from April to current:

1. We had a fabulous family reunion with the Martin's in Utah. It was hot, but the kids had a blast and so did we. Thanks to all who hosted...it was really fun! Hats off to Jared, his BBQ was the best I've ever tasted, never thought I'd think BBQ'd corn tasted better than chocolate!

2. On October 2, 2010, in St. George, UT, I ran my first (and definitely NOT my last) full marathon. It was 26.2 miles in the BLISTERING heat. It wasn't my best time, I came in at 4 hours, 45 minutes...my goal was more like 4 hours to 4:30. It was, however, the hottest marathon in St. George on the books and not one I'd ever likely recommend to a newbie like me. Having said that, I'm running my next race in Phoenix, a 1/2 marathon and another full in Salt Lake in April.

3. My job....I'm still at Humana....believe it or not. The good news is, I am now linked to the Intermountain region, which means I will likely be in Salt Lake at least monthly. Don't know if that's good or bad news for my in-laws....

We seem to have had a bout of healthcare issues within the family:

Billy's Mom, Mary, was recently hospitalized, but doing well now. She had a serious illness, a viral infection of her brain due to exposure to shingles. She's on the mend and doing well now.

Billy had minor surgery, but is doing well now.

Bekah had surgery last week, she's doing well, would never know that she had tubes put in on Thursday.

4. I got called as the Relief Society President. Are you waiting for the punch line...there isn't one, it's the truth! :-0 I love it! You know the old adage, the more you have to do the more you get done!

5. Kids are all doing well. Liam started bagpipe lessons a few weeks ago and continues to do well. He is a brilliant little boy in 1st grade. Emma had a rocky start in 4th grade, not used to the autonomy and independent work time, but she's on track now and on her way to all A's (hopefully). Rachel is a terror, refusing to put her pee and poop in the potty....but, come on, do you expect anything less from her :) Rebekah is doing well, talking more and playing like mad.


Alright! So now we're current with what's been up in our lives. I can't promise there will be more consistent blogging going on....but we will certainly try to do a better job. Love you all and hope all is well in your lives!

1 comment: