Thursday, February 19, 2009

....And Again!

On Monday evening, Rebekah had to go back to the hospital because her jaundice got worse despite outpatient phototherapy. Although not something I can say I enjoyed, the hospital was great and they let me stay the entire night with Rebekah. As you can probably tell in my posts, I've been militant about breastfeeding since this is my last one. They let me nurse her all night and she still has not had a bottle. So in that department Shelly is happy : ) We got to come home Tuesday evening, let's hope no more trips to the hospital!

We were able to turn off the outpatient phototherapy yesterday and will hopefully find out this afternoon that we're done with those darn lights all together. If not, we continue to bake her with the tanning blanket to make her less yellow and more white.

Things seem to be beginning to fall back into place. I'm getting more than 2 hrs of sleep at night and the kids are getting back to their routine. I don't know how some people do it....4 kids is a lot and I know lots of people that have even more than that. I'm looking forward to the next 4 weeks to continue to NOT work and be with my family. Secretly, I must say, I love staying home, but I also miss my work. They have been so good to me and haven't bothered me once.....

We are looking forward to this weekend and being with the family. Finally, my incision doesn't hurt much and last night I actually slept in my bed. I can't tell you how perfect and comfortable that was. I think the last time I slept in my bed was almost two months ago. Towards the end of my pregnancy, laying down flat was not an option, so I slept in my reclining chair in my room. When we got home from the hospital, my incision was too sore and it was hard to pull myself up to a sitting position. All that's left now is a night sleeping on my belly....when that happens, I may not wake up when the baby cries, belly sleeping is my paradise!

Anyway, again, thanks to all who have had prayers and good wishes to us. I will post this afternoon so that everyone knows if we're done with the tanning bed or not.

One more thing, Papa Bob, we miss you too and can't wait to see you for the baby blessing. Looks like we're shooting for 03/29/09, that's Fast Sunday since the following Sunday is General Conference and then the following Sunday is Easter. Rebekah is looking forward to meeting her Papa (and all the rest of her family that might want to come) and getting lots of smooches. In regards to your eldest son, I'm not sure there was much damage to undo, he is the most amazing man on this planet and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for crossing my path with his. He is my soul mate and I can't imagine a day of my life without him. So thanks for "making" him and raising him because I'm quite certain my life would be entirely different and really miserable without him.

Posted by Shelly Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment